Tuesday 5 January 2010

The Glummest Guy.

When you live in the dark,there are some things you can't see.And we were both blind, you know.But neither of us would openly acknowledge it, each one for his own varying reasons.If I had to find a common reason, that would be pride.

But now, in this final moment of self criticism, now, in his absence, I finally got cured.It was almost a sacrifice, a final act of goodwill and salvation most probably, which allowed me to see a bit further and realise a thing or two in life. The more a man ages and matures, the more he comes to understand his stupidity.

And only now do I see how stupid I have been.Stupid because I never thought a man can be so heroic.Stupid because I never thought that boasting doesn't have to be the only reason for a man to share with you his awe-inspiring life stories.Stupid because I failed to understand that the only way to persuade a stubborn 25 year old man that he is wrong in his lifestyle is to openly insult him.

I can see now, though.And among other significant things, whose presence I had been knowingly ignoring, I also see that I am hugely indebted.I am more than willing to try to repay this huge debt,which up to now I had so unctuously been overlooking, but alas, some debts can never be truly repaid.It is too late now anyway.

The only thing left now are memories.Bittersweet memories of the most peculiar type of love and affection two people can share.I know this testament is far from adequate to reflect my gratitude towards him and everything he has done for me.But I somehow also know that he approves it.

R.I.P

No comments:

 
Vasilis Siouchleris

Create your badge