Wednesday 22 September 2010

The "ish" suffix.

Hi. I do not know if you still remember me, or even know who I am. Hell, I don't know who I am.
Maybe I am a fragile shell of a man, or maybe I am the person who is going to change your life. What I do know however, is that I do not belong to gray scale. I am either black, or white. If the last sentence did not make any sense to you whatsoever, stop reading my blog and go do something more interesting.
For those of you who are still here, thank you and well done. Either you know me too well, or you are interested in knowing me.
As I said, I would never do anything I don't usually enjoy. I hear you saying "big deal, it's the same with me". Well, you don't know the half of it. My daily routine is as simple as 1,2,3. OK, it's actually four if it is Sunday. But, only recently, a fifth thing intruded this peaceful and simple equation! (Yes that was an intended exclamation mark and it is the first one I have used for this blog).
So, this fifth thing is really evil. It can talk and it is truthful. Sure, it cares about me, but says my life is only OK-ish. Why this is bad was beyond me, but this thing insisted I should change that. And man, is it persuasive! (make that a dot instead of an exclamation mark, i can't be bothered to press backspace). So, what I really hated about this remark, is the "ish" suffix. Because, you see, I don't do "ish". I am either black or white, but never "ISH". This thing was sipping its coffee and kept on exposing my life and when I dared to say that I enjoyed the way I do things, it went absolutely ballistic!
Yet, I could somehow see its point. Don't get me wrong, I am used to having people around me expect things from me that I just don't want to deliver and have no problem ignoring them, but what I really appreciated was the way I was told these things. It turned my language against me, these were the same words I would have used. And on top of all, it had a lovely accent! I do not know if it is right and even if it is, I would never admit it, but I certainly found the solution it gave me...intriguing to say the least. Sure it involves changing my mindset a lot, becoming social, waiting and gathering.These are things I hate. But in the end, I was promised a great reward. A ladder. And when I climb this ladder, I just might reach my dream, which currently resides up above me in the sky, patiently waiting for me for the last 10 years.(Yes it is a long ladder, it promised.) But, as Balance would have it, the ladder is only wide enough for one person to use.
What about you stranger? Have you got a ladder?

No comments:

 
Vasilis Siouchleris

Create your badge