Sunday 19 July 2009

You are messed up.

People have different reactions to various situations.
Some are straightforward and will respond to a given discussion with honesty,even if their reactions can be considered as blunt or even offensive by others.On the other hand, there are people who are more calm and who generally tend not to overreact or express their true emotions with ease.Such introvert people are rare nowadays, since modern society almost demands of us to stand up to our opinion and beliefs and never give ground to rejection and criticism.The same people are the ones who tend to be more sensitive and their feelings are usually prone to get hurt.You see, stranger, there is the silent but ever applicable law which governs our daily interactions; Newton's third law. "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". People who talk back play fair and obey the rule.However, the latter aforementioned category of people, breaks the law.And breaking a law is punishable.Always has been, always will be.Ironically, the one who punishes these people, is no other than their own conscience.You see, there is a defense mechanism involved, whether we like it or not.Our mind will silently create an answer to any insult taken.Whether we decide to utter the words our mind created, is exclusively up to us.Take note though.These words have the bad habit of lingering inside our mind, haunting and tormenting us.
I have had my (more than fair) share of this torment throughout my life.I find many things in life to be futile, as you may have already noticed, but if there was a futility award, i would have to give it to arguing.Maybe it's just me, being set in my own ways and all.I tend to support my arguments passionately and sometimes this angers people, which in turn leads to me being insulted.But when this happens, and although i rarely find myself at a loss for words, i will just refuse to respond to the said insult and prefer to give the said person "the silent treatment".
Why i react like this, is honestly beyond me.The only certain thing is that this silence is later substituted by remorse and regret.Which only leads to more thoughts.And this would not be bad per se, but if you combine it with an already overburdened mind, things can easily get out of hand.I keep thinking and thinking, and i can't seem to stop.Maybe my mind is messed up.Maybe i am messed up.What do you say, stranger?You have read many things about me by now, you should be able to tell me.Go ahead, you can't possibly do me any more harm , it's not that i'll become a glum guy after all...




No comments:

 
Vasilis Siouchleris

Create your badge